Are you still doing it?
A Sundried survey of 4,000 people found that 43% of people give up their New Year’a Resolution after just one month. So, it’s been a month… How are you getting on?
The most common reasons for giving up are:
- You are doing it on your own. Finding a group would help to stick with your goals
- Your expectations are too high. Focus on small achievements and enjoy every milestone instead of focusing on the big dream.
- The novelty is wearing down. Find new challenges or excitement in the process. Focus on your reasons: why did you set that goal first place?
- It takes too much time, money, and effort. Prioritise yourself! There is no better investment than yourself, let it be money, time or effort. Then, imagine how you will feel when you have achieved that goal.
- The motivation is wearing down. Create a habit from that initial plan.
- You don’t believe that you can achieve it. Look up some role models or good examples… even better, focus on your qualities: what qualities do you have that can help you to achieve that goal.